- No products in the cart.
Phonak Roger Pen Transmitter – £450.00 (ex. VAT) – £540.00 (inc. VAT) – If for personal use (not business) you may be able to purchase ex VAT – see below for details.
Product Code = 052-3191
Phonak Roger Pen is a universal, cutting-edge wireless microphone that helps people with a hearing loss to understand more speech when in noise, in reverberant environments and listening over distance.
Designed with discretion in mind it never looks out of place when in use. The Roger Pen features adaptive wireless transmission, fully automated settings, wideband audio Bluetooth (you can connect wirelessly to your mobile phone). You can also connect wirelessly to TV and landline telephones, computers, MP3 players, hifis etc). Anything that has an analogue audio output it should be possible to incorporate into a Phonak Roger system.
The Roger Pen has some very smart technology built in which adapts the microphone mode automatically based on how it is held or placed;
- Conference Mode – In a meeting or sat around a table for instance, place the Roger Pen in the middle of the table and it recognises that it needs to go into an omni microphone mode. Effectively the Roger Pen creates a ‘bubble’ around the table, as people around the table speak the Roger Pen picks up their voices and wirelessly transmits them straight into the wearer’s hearing aids via Roger receivers.
- Reporter Mode – In a noisier environment, or if the first situation becomes a little noisier, you can pick up the Roger Pen and point it towards the person you need to hear the most. The Roger Pen detects this has happened and almost immediately goes into a directional mode, focusing on and enhancing the voice you need to hear and at the same time markedly reducing the background noise you don’t want to hear. This change from omni mode to directional mode is almost startling the first time you experience it, it works so well at overcoming background noise and enhancing speech.
- Lanyard Mode – Hang the Roger Pen around the neck of the person you want to hear (with the lanyard cord provided) in the toughest listening environments you encounter and it goes into a super directional microphone mode. This mode is particularly effective if you are some distance away from the speaker, 10 metres is easily achieved (and up to 20 metres in ideal conditions with no obstructions).
Using the Roger Pen in the right way can give a hearing aid user a very distinct hearing advantage over a normally hearing person in a number of scenarios, now that is clever technology!
The Roger Pen can also be used alongside other Roger Clip-On Mics and Roger Pens in a microphone network.
The features of Phonak Roger Pen include;
- Proven Roger speech-in-noise performance
- Fully automatic microphone mode selection
- Manual microphone mode option
- Advanced microphone beamforming
- ‘Zoom into’ soft voices in quiet and over distance
- Audio input for connection to multimedia devices
- Bluetooth for mobile phone connection
- Multiple microphone use in a network
- Operating time: 7 hours
- Operating time with an active Bluetooth call: 5 hours
- Operating range: 10 metres / 33 feet (typical) 20 metres / 66 feet (ideal conditions)
Available in three colours – Light Sterling (silver), Ruby (red) and Petrol (blue). Silver is by far the most popular.
Roger Pen is supplied with a docking station, UK wall plug with USB to MicroUSB charging lead, a storage pouch, a lanyard for use when neck worn, a 3.5mm to 3.5mm audio cable, a 3.5mm to MicroUSB audio adaptor cable, red and white Phono plugs to 3.5mm audio adaptor cable and a Quick Set Up Guide.
This product is shipped as a insured and tracked service with free P&P to UK addresses, we can email tracking details when shipped.
**For customers outside the UK tax and shipping rules vary, if you wish to purchase and reside outside the UK you MUST email us before placing an order for us to ascertain tax status and any extra shipping costs.
This product attracts a two year RTB (Return to Base) manufacturers warranty which you can extend to five years for an extra fee of £125.00, please ask if required.
N.B. – You MAY qualify for Zero Rated VAT and pay for this product net of VAT, some conditions need to be satisfied and a declaration supplied, click here and read the ‘Important Information’ section for details.
If you qualify for Zero Rated VAT please ensure you supply us with a signed VAT Declaration before we ship.
If you are unsure about anything else please contact us.